Hey all, This is James, I am also known as "Roommate #4" from another blog.
So With my first blog, I would like to inform all those who might have missed, or want an update on all the drama that is my life here at 155 Eaglewood Way. So let us begin,
If you have been keeping up on the other blog of this very same situation, you would know that I have a roommate who tends to think on the line of "I can do what ever the F*** i want". Note that this particular roommate has just moved out from home (for about 5 months now), and more than likely has not come into the common knowledge of what it means to live with other people. A few key points in which all who live with other people know are...
1. When it comes to personal space, it is far and few in between
2. When you decide to take an action that will effect the others who live with you, you might want to sit and talk about how they feel about this certain action.
3. COMMUNICATION IS KEY
4. A common area is exactly that. An area in which EVERYBODY will be in or around.
5. If you pick up dishes and trash as you go, it will spare the unsightly mess that you will deal with later...
So lets continue...
This basically comes down to "He said she said", and "I assume". Let me add that to "Assume" makes an "Ass" out of "U" and "ME"
The most recent event has occurred this past Monday. As far as I know, those who have days off, especially if you have work similar to mine (Six days a week, 6-8 hours a day), you like to relax and nap several times in a day. I was doing just this when I was awaken to the sound of an animal screaming bloody murder to which I looked out the window and witnessed the dogs tangled up, one on top of the other trying to kill it. Seeing this I reacted quickly to rush downstairs to separate them and untangle them (Like i assume most would do). I let them in and gave them food and water (which they needed, but was not given). As I was returning to my room I happen to notice the owner sitting in their room with the door open on the computer, completely unaware of the events that have just occurred. My Following reaction was to text a roommate who had all the other roommate numbers, asking him to send a mass text saying that we needed to meet that night to discuss what needs to happen about these animals because clearly they are being neglected.
Upon receiving the message, they owners immediate response was "What have the Dogs done now". So I was highly advised to contact this roommate and describe what happened (which i felt I shouldn't have to do being that she was RIGHT THERE). So here are the following events I reply with this text ( Mine are in blue, hers are in red)..
"Okay here's the deal, I was woken from a nap to the dogs literally trying to kill each other because they were tangled up, not cool, this falls close to neglect, if you want details come "talk" to me, don't text."
" I didn't tie them up, I didn't buy them chains..... I walk them on leashes and they are fine. but i'm bringing them to a new home with a fenced yard."
(Note, that although i have not been home 24-7 these are things I notice on my days off, and when I get home from work.)
"Okay, yes I bought them chains and food, and food bowls because I care, I bought the chains so they could be put outside for air and exercise, not so they could be left out there, and as far as walking them it must be far and few in between the late night and parties"
"F*** this, I don't party every nite i play with them every f***ing day i go outside with them...no one else does anything with them. and they had food"
(Note: Like stated before I mention what I see, so obviously this isn't everyday, also, as far as no one else doing anything....hello...i bought them chains, not because they make a nice decorative piece outside, and Why would I buy food if there was food already there?)
"I'm sorry that u feel the way u do but you are not here every minute of everyday. i have a job and i work. i do stuff with them when ur not here....i don't think it's neglectful to go to work or hang out with a friend. but whatever thats just me i guess... and i can't afford fancy s*** for them. but everything u bought they had. sorry it wasn't fancy enough for u to approve...i do what i can....i didn't lock them outside on a chain to get tangled"
(Note: when you have puppies, they are going to need attention and ALOT of it, they need to be constantly watched and monitored so they don't get hurt or tangled or whatever it is they may get into. You cannot just put PUPPIES out on a chain outside and expect them to be okay, yet again this was not the purpose of me buying these chains. Also notice the automatic defensiveness, I did not buy all this stuff to make them feel bad, or one up them, but to make sure the puppies have what they need and to make it easier on the owners, technically I didn't have to buy crap for anything, but i thought it would be nice for the dogs.)
"I'm sorry you feel that way, but understand this, I am trying to make my way in life, I have an education, and a job, so I work just as much, I spend 6-8 hours a day on my feet and only get one day off a week, so until you get on my level and understand MY life, don't tell me how rough things are, thank you and have a nice day.."
(Note: The reason I mentioned work, is because her work schedule is maybe, MAYBE three days a week at 5-6 hours. When she returns from these work days, she runs upstairs to change clothes and walks straight out the door, without saying a word to anyone, checking to make sure the dogs have been fed, or anything, this in its own slightly irritates me. Yet again, these are PUPPIES they need ATTENTION.)
With all this being said, this triggers a meeting called by a neutral roommate.
This meeting did not go anywhere it needed to, at least with me present. One roommate thinks he is being the adult in this whole conflict, when he himself, has no job, sleeps with 6 different women and sits around all day playing video games. Another roommate was asleep, and the roommate with the dogs, was playing the victim and focusing on nothing but the fact of "Well I assumed that if i brought the dogs here that everyone should take care of them". Which got a replay of "We would have, if you had come talked to us before doing so, but you took it upon yourself to just up and bring them in, in which we guessed you were taking full responsibility. This triggers more excuses and things like, "well if you would have come talked to me....", in which i stepped in a said " I would have but when i tell you that we need to talk, i get excuses like "i have work in the morning, or I don't feel like dealing with it tonight", also it is hard to deal with someone who is never present". That statement caused more defensive attitude and excuses in which I got so upset all i could do was walk out of the apartment in a storm of anger, for the fact of not being heard, I am not going to talk with someone who only wants to make excuses. It is pointless, which leads up to today. A now calm and some what at peace apartment, but with the things being discussed at the meeting, people will be held accountable for certain chores and pet care duties ....I have a feeling that the apartment for rent 2 doors down will have a new tenant by the end of the month....
No comments:
Post a Comment